By Jo-Ann Jennings in Bixby Bulletin
Fire bans continue.
Firefighters head out, sirens blaring, to put out grass fires.
And there appears to be no end in sight.
Unfortunately for one Bixby family, Travis and Lisa White,142nd and Sheridan in the Spring Tree Addition, their home caught fire Sunday Afternoon, April 3, at approximately 2 p.m. It caught fire again the next morning before the family had retrieved their belongings.
“ (Sunday) Travis was home with the two youngest daughters, Libby and Lydia,” said Linda Burns, mother of Lisa White. “He was in their room putting them down for a nap when they smelled smoke.”
Burns explained that Travis is recovering from knee cap replacement surgery and has braces on both knees, but in spite of the handicap, he was able to get a propane tank out of the garage before it exploded. Fortunately, the two older children, Lindsay and Landon, were visiting friends. Lisa and Burns were in Claremore at a Home and Garden Show until they received a call that Lisa’s house was on fire.
“By the time we got there, the firemen were finishing up checking for hot spots,” said Burns, adding that the fire was contained in the garage, kitchen, and laundry room and her grandson’s bedroom. The remainder of the house sustained water and smoke damage.
“The Red Cross was there also,” Burns said. “They put the family in a motel in Jenks for a couple of nights. The family was told not to enter the house or remove anything until the insurance and inspector looked at the damage. Consequently, they left with nothing but the clothes they had on.”
Read full article at BixbyBulletin.com